Just a quick post to give people a heads-up on some new features I’m planning to add to the extension over the next few months.
- The ability to set your own generation length, to be used for the year range calculations in RF (currently a generation is considered to be 30 years).
- When viewing a user’s profile page on 23andMe, identify users with whom you’re matched on services outside 23andMe (HIR Search, Jim McMillan’s database, etc).
- For user’s with multiple profiles, the option to have a confirmation dialogue displayed each time you post in the community to confirm which profile you’re posting as. I hear it’s easy to change profiles accidentally, resulting in people posting as the wrong profile.
- A new default introduction message for contacting relatives in RF, worded to encourage responses.
- Option to enable Soundex for matching of surnames.
I can’t promise all these features will work out – sometimes things I want to add are simply too hard, but most of these should be fairly easy to implement. I will of course be keeping an eye on the community for any other good ideas that can be added to the extension.