23++ Chrome Extension updated for Relative Finder changes

I know it’s been a while since the last release of the extension, but I’ve not abandoned it – honest!

I’ve today released a version that works correctly with the new Relative Finder sorting options at 23andMe. There’s no other visible changes or new features, just some improvements behind the scenes.

As always, if you’ve already got the extension it will be updated automatically. If you don’t have the extension, you can download it here (though if you have a newer version of Chrome it may not let you download it from here; I’m working on moving the extension to the Chrome web store to fix this).

Related Posts:

This entry was posted in 23pp and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 23++ Chrome Extension updated for Relative Finder changes

1. Mark says:

Thanks very much for the new update! I took a quick look at Relative Finder and had just a few things to report.

It appears as though the Birthplace and Residence country flags have reverted to the names of the countries, themselves. It also looks as though both are no longer being shown even when they’re both in the person’s profile. Names in-common are no longer being bolded. You might also want to look at the screen that comes up when clicking on a row to pull up the detailed information for a person. Some related issues can also be seen there.

The Introduction Sent status is no longer also displaying the associated date that the introduction was sent.

I’ll try to take a more comprehensive look at things over the next several days, but very much appreciate your work on the latest version. Hopefully, others can provide any feedback with any additional items that might need to be fixed, as well.

2. admin says:

That’s odd… because all those features are working for me!

Anyone else seeing these issues?

• Chris Roberts says:

For some odd reason the maternal/paternal feature in DNA Relatives is NOT working. It only shows paternal, and has removed all maternal links. So, even though both parents are DNA tested, tagged as my parents in the tree, it only shows my Paternal side, even though it worked perfectly before adding this application. How do I remove this app?

• admin says:

The extension doesn’t influence what data is displayed, it just works with what 23andMe serve up. Have you selected the “show both sides” option?

3. Mark says:

Strange, indeed! I was also having trouble getting enhanced messaging to work, wasn’t seeing my community posts shaded, etc.

For anyone having the same problems, though, I believe that I’ve figured it out. I assumed that I was on the most-recent version of Chrome, but when going to About Google Chrome, discovered that the program was trying to update, so waited it out. After relaunching, things looked better. Not sure which version I was using, but am now on 21.0.1180.83 m.

Thanks for the feedback.

4. Bert says:

I love this extension! It is very helpful!

One feature that would be nice to add to this great tool is a visual notification that a RF list item contains a non-blank entry in the “notes” field. Perhaps adding a “notepad” or “pen” icon would be great